Test solutions

     1)  I am surprized that so many people send their opinions
     anonomously.  In a forum like this, people should not be afraid to
     stand behind their opinions.

     2)  If this were a homework problem I would not object to it's network
     posting.  However, this is in fact a take-home test problem, and I am
     sure any of the educators out there would agree that any and every HP
     on the network does not serve as a fair source for information on a
     take-home test problem.

     3)  Knowing the professor who assigned this problem personally, I know
     that he is always available to help students stuck on problems over
     the hump.  I have personally experienced this.  I also know that the
     professor is mostly concerned with the individual's ability to
     understand the circumstances of the problem and to set up the initial
     equations, and the mechanics of the solution are secondary.

     Gus Potter
     Sandia National Laboratories
     CAPOTTE@sandia.gov