Re: Sewer Disposal & Plumbing

Russ and others,

> Melissa,  [Ed. hat on!]
>        The NRC has in the not too distant past received a lot of
> heat from Sen. Glen and Rep. Sinar regarding its regulatory
> capabilities.  One unfortunate event which came to light during the
> roasting was the disclosure of Co-60 contaminated ash from
> incinerated sewage sludge at a plant in Ohio.  This has caused some
> stirring in the NRC and a NUREG or two.  These events may or may not
> lead to a change in the general authorization in the regulations
> regarding sewer disposal.  Hopefully, it won't be drastic if a
> change is made.
>
> Russ
> cmeyer@brc1.tdh.texas.gov
> (512)834-6688

Sinar and his carping vendetta on many things has gone on to his just reward
(in the PRIMARY no less, by a 70 year old [and I forget his interesting
background].

But, *Glenn*!?!  Is there anyone in Ohio that can get some rational info to
him; or can you advise on what drives him, a technically-trained, generally
knowledgeable individual, to have such a skewed view of radiation hazards?

Thanks.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide