Sewer Disposal & Plumbing Digressions

1.  Since we aren't supposed to discuss politics here, I will
comment as an old Ohioan (in fact, my childhood dentist was
Dr. Castor, Anna Castor's father-->she is better known to you
as Mrs. John Glenn!) who also happened to grow up in New
Concord (home of the Glenn plumbing contractors-->John Glenn's
family).

2.  Hence, plumbing has a connection (somewhat distant to radiation
issues, however)!  Senator Glenn was a marine aviator who was one
of the seven big winners in the Mercury Program in the infancy of
NASA.  He suffered middle ear damage in his re-entry from the
first US orbital flight, and has had other health problems since.
So from the standpoint of his receptivity on radiation issues there
are definite qualifications:  (1) he is NOT a radiation physicist,
(2) radiation was very BAD for Mercury program targets (=astro-
nauts), and (3) he is now (and has been for many years) a bona fide
politician who has been a survivor in Ohio political circles!

3.  This does not mean he would be unwilling to discuss the issues
one-on-one with experts in the field in Ohio (you OSU guys reading?).
SU    Michael P. Grissom, AsstDir ES&H Env/RadProt/WasteMan    SU
SLAC        Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, MS 84        SLAC
SU          2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025          SU
SLAC          (415) 926-2346  Fax:  (415) 926-3030           SLAC
SU               Email:  MIKEG@SLAC.STANFORD.EDU               SU
The opions expressed above are those of the author alone and do
not represent those of the Stanford University or the US
Department of Energy.