Re: NDA

On Wed, 1 Mar 1995 17:58:26 -0500 Stephanie McElhaney wrote:

> I have just taken a new position where I will be involved with the
> Nondestructive Assay of LLW.  Is there anyone out there that would be
> willing to talk with me about characterization techniques, minimum
> detectable activities, and state-of-the-art technologies?

You could get in touch with either George Dolinar or Norm Edwards at AECL Waste
Management Systems in Chalk River, Ontario.
The main telephone number is (613) 584-3311.

George is a Research Scientist and is available at Ext 4311 while Norm is a
Customer Service Representative and is at Ext 3650.  If they do not have the
information that you need, then they could point you to someone in their
organization that does.  AECL Waste Management Systems handles almost all of the
 radioisotope and non-commercial reactor waste for Canada.  They are in the
process of moving towards the disposal concept and are developing these
technologies for determining the contents of waste.

Regards,
Peter J. Fundarek
University of Toronto
email:  p.fundarek@utoronto.ca