From: root
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: S-35 Radioactive Contamination
Date: Thursday, March 02, 1995 1:37PM

There has been a discussion on simulation of contamination, and now I have
a real one that I need some advice on.

Yesterday, a student's thumb was contaminated with S-35 methionine. I
estimated 54 nCi in  a 1/2' X1/2" square area of the thumb? We tried all
the conventional decon methods. Nothing reduces thge activity.

Does anyone have a program that would calculate the dose to the skin at
that area?
Today the activity is down to 18 nCi. Is this because of the desquamation
of the skin or is there some absorption also?

What would be your advice on taking a  urine sample? grab sample? 24 hour
sample?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ninni Jacob
Radiation Safety Officer