RE: ABHP Certification Review

     All the study guides suggested by other folks for preparation for ABHP
     Part I and II exams are excellent.  I would like to add something from
     my experience....

     When I was preparing for Part I exam, I studied with my friend who was
     also taking the exam.  We used to get together every Tuesday night at
     a dinner table with all the reference materials, example questions and
     a refrigerator full of beer (this proved to be very important), and
     took turn asking each other tough questions.  It was amazing how much
     we learned when we challenged each other like that. We both found
     Part-I to be easy after that.

     By the time my friend and I studied for Part-II, we had moved on to
     different jobs thousands of miles apart.  I found studying by myself
     to be very difficult (no regular schedule, not having to prepare for
     tough grilling, new family obligations), and realized that I had lots
     of holes in my knowledge because there was no one challeging me with
     tough questions.

     Good Luck!
     Tosh Ushino
     ushinot@songs.sce.com