Re: Tissue Doses for Fluoroscopic Examination

>Hello,
>Does anyone know where I can find Selected Tissue Doses for Cardiac
>Catheterization procedures.  I have checked CDRH numbers for Upper GI
>studies and am not very happy with the numbers.  [AJust wondering if
>others have performed measurments on this type of study?  Or how others
>tabulate human use doses for RDRC-FDA limits on cath procedures.
>Thanks for any information.

AAPM Report #12 (1984) gives the following:

                               6" Mode              9" Mode

Fluoro (R/min) Low Level         3.2                  2.4
               High Level        4.8                  3.5
Cine (mR/Frame)                 12                   20

These are entrance skin exposures but perhaps they will help.

Carl Landis
ad198@yfn.ysu.edu