Brand X Salt-Substitute

                                        - Captain Internal Dosimetry!

                                      Brand X Salt-Substitute

Reply to king@reasoning.com (and anyone else who cares):

Regarding your question as to why one brand of salt-substitute was "hotter"
(K-40 wise) than another -

You are, of course, correct, KCl is KCl.  I believe that the difference
between brands A and B is that the salt substitute is not pure KCL, some of it
is potassium-bitartrate (not sure what this is, but I'm sure it's good for
you) and also some "flavor enhancers" (!)

So I believe what's happening here is that Brand A (in the white container)
has more potassium PER GRAM OF STUFF than does Brand B (in the blue
container.)