BDE

My favorite statistic to quote to the public is from a 1983 study by
Winters and Franza at the University of Mass. Medical Center. They
studied the radioactive component in tobacco smoke. They came up with "A
person who smokes 1 1/2 packs of cigarettes a day receives a yearly
radiation dose to the cell tissue of the windpipe that is equal to 300
chest X-rays." Since most of the smokers I know are 1 pack a day people,
that comes out to 200 chest X-rays.

Donald P. Mercado, O/47-20, B/106      PROFS Nickname: DMERCADO
Radiation Safety Officer        Internet: Don@LMSC.Lockheed.com
Lockheed Missiles & Space Co., Inc.         Tel. (408) 742-0759
Sunnyvale, Ca 94089                         Fax. (408) 742-0611