Instructions as to how to query the radsafe listserver -Reply

** Proprietary **

Hi.  I'm Bill Bass.  I can probably answer most of your questions if
you will call me at (301) 738 0665 or E-mail at
bassb@usa.red-cross.org.  Basically,  I think you will be using
primarily Tc-99m for most of your SPECT scans.  Many facilities don't
use any additional shielding because of the low energy of the tec
gamma ray (140 kev) and because most use unit dosing that is obtained
from a local radiopharmacy.  Are you located in a radiology suite
where access is limited or is  your corridor public and well
traveled?  The doses are usually brought in with their own shield
boxes and syringes.  Is that the case with you?  What are the other
imaging activities using in the way of radionuclides?   Any high
energy stuff?  No PET?  Do you have a radiation protection (safety)
office that could run a quick rad survey for you?  That would give
you some idea as to whether or not you need shielding.

P.S.  Do you store any bananas or potatoes in the room?  Just
kidding.