Practicing Health Physics?

Melissa, you wrote:

>At the risk of bringing up yet another round of ranting...

So be it.

>"How much of your time is actually spent doing health physics?"

>(I admit that my situation is a little unusual. . . .

Not at all.  Here at our directorate, we have been using the terms
Health Physics and Radiation Safety in equal portions.  I think we
should have stuck with Health Physics and kept everyone in the dark.

Some of our project engineers heard "Radiation SAFETY" and made a
very broad association with safety in general.  Now I find that
about 50% of my time is taken up with Hazard Communication and
hazardous waste management.  After all, aren't we the safety
experts/forklift operators/[your task here]?

Standard Disclaimer:  These are my opinions alone, and DO NOT reflect
the official views of the US Army or the US Government.  I can neither
confirm nor deny the origin of this message.

     * JOHN E. APERANS, RRPT                           *
     *  Directorate for Applied Technology, Test and   *
     *                     Simulation (DATTS)          *
     *  US Army White Sands Missile Range, NM 88002    *
     *  ATTN: Health Physics                           *
     * FAX: (505) 678-7410  VOICE: (505) 678-2064      *
     * e-mail: japerans@wsmr-emh81.army.mil            *
     The chicken HAD to come first.  An egg would have been
     fried and eaten.