Re: Radium Ice? -Reply -Reply

>Keeping one's own mass of ice liquid does not require a certain rate
>of heat generation -- that would be "can melt its own mass of ice in
>N minutes". Keeping one's own mass of ice liquid does not require a
certain amount of heat-- that would be "can melt its own mass of
ice". Keeping one's own mass of ice liquid requires a temperature.

>-dk

Right you are. I hoped I could get away with that because it was
presented in the spirit of HP trivia rather than a technically
precise answer. I was lucky to remember that much and could not
recall the remaining details.  But since I would have responded the
same way you did if somebody else gave my answer (live by the sword,
die by the sword) I tracked down a reference (Rutherfords Silliman
Lectures at Yale 1905) and the units of time are: per hour.

Thanks for the kick in the pants.

Paul