...no subject...

Melissa Woo Said:

>Date: Wed, 15 Mar 95 8:56:28 CST
>From: melissa (M. Woo)
>Subject: practice of health physics

>>>deleted<<<

>"How much of your time is actually spent doing health physics?"

>As an example, I spent a good portion of yesterday afternoon at a TQM
>meeting.  Time spent in such activities is not unusual, and in fact, I
seem
>to be spending in inordinate amount of time in activities that have
>absolutely nothing to do with health physics.  I'm not sure whether or not
>to be embarrassed to admit that I spent some of the meeting doing some
>mental dose calculations.

>So... is this the case at similar institutions?  (And will anyone
>actually answer this in a public forum? <grin>)

>>>deleted<<<

The USAF makes no pretenses about this.  They have separated the
administrative side of health physics from the technical side.  You
might not think that the Air Force is very similar to a university, but
we operate under a very broad license with permitted users, like many large
universities or corporations.

Although my education is in Health Physics, I spend 80% of my time
doing the administrative stuff.  The other 20% is spent on staff duties.
(Didn't the USAF invent TQM?)

Michael P. Grissom said:

>>>deleted<<<

>4.  Perhaps the ABHP will create a new exam now that the power reactor
>option has been discontinued:  Administrative HP!!

I'll be the first certified. (Heck, I could write the test:^)

"Tongue protruding bloodily through cheek"

Noel D. Montgomery, Capt, USAF, BSC
Health Phycist
USAF Radioisotope Committee Secretariat