Re: Radium Ice? -Reply

>> This may be a bad guess but:
>>
>> Pierre Curie was the first to measure the heat output of radium. To
>> give the public a feel for the magnitude of this phenomenon, he
>> described it in terms of it ability to melt ice. If I remember it
>> correctly, it has the ability to keep its own mass of ice liquid.

Keeping one's own mass of ice liquid does not require a certain rate of heat
generation -- that would be "can melt its own mass of ice in N minutes".

Keeping one's own mass of ice liquid does not require a certain amount of heat
-- that would be "can melt its own mass of ice".

Keeping one's own mass of ice liquid requires a temperature.

-dk