Date: Thu, 23 Mar 95 16:44:46 -0600
From: Glenn Carlson <gcarlson@mail.more.net>
Subject: Re: Sales pitches on RADSAFE
To: melissa@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu

I agree with the policy to prohibited unsolicited, commercial msgs from
RADSAFE.  But, the msg which prompted this discussion is not "commercial"
in the sense that it was posted by a profit-making operation for a
profit-making purpose.

I took the msg to be an offer to send copies of environmental regs on
CDROM for cost.  I analogize this to offering to send you copies of a
report if you send me a stamped, self-addressed envelope and 10 cents a
page for the copying charges.

I don't think we should discourage offers of "free" info.

But, hey, as a test of their altruism, how about putting this info on the
net for all?

Glenn A. Carlson, P.E., Atty.            E-mail: gcarlson@mail.more.net
Missouri Dept. of Natural Resources      Voice:  314/751-4817
Air Pollution Control Program            Fax:    314/751-2706

<---- End Included Message ---->