I125 sampling

The following message was originally posted to the SAFETY listserver:

-------- Forwarded message follows --------
Date:         Wed, 29 Mar 1995 12:16:20 EST
Sender:       Safety <SAFETY@uvmvm.bitnet>
Comments:     Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2
From:         Patrick Thompson <THOMPSOP@guvm.bitnet>
Subject:      measuring I125 gaseous effluents
To:           Multiple recipients of list SAFETY <SAFETY@uvmvm.bitnet>

We need to measure (air sample) radioactive I125 gaseous effluent releases. We
know that ANSI 13.1 discusses this but we only have the 1969 version and
really can't wait for ANSI to send us a new one (although we have ordered the
catalogue to find the most current version and order it). The question is: At
what distance from any points of turbulence (i.e. bends, fans, etc) should a
sampling port be postioned. I am posing this question for our Rad. Safety
staff. Please respond to Catalina at barssc@guvm.georgetown.edu or to me at
thompsop@guvm.georgetown. edu and I will forward the responses. We appreciate
any help.
Patrick Thompson, Occup. Safety and Health Spec., Georgetown Univ. Med
Cntr.