P-32 Intraperitoneal Therapies

1.  We did not fully dress out the rooms either.  However, we did
daily checks of the dressings looking for P-32 seepage and handled
the first dressing as radwaste (almost always had detectable P-32).
A final survey was conducted of the patient prior to discharge from
the hospital.  I don't recall any contamination incidents with any
of our P-32 intraperitoneal therapies.  Urine, of course, was a much
more likely problem with P-32 intravascular treatments (much more
rarely encountered at Oak Knoll).

2.  As always, these are my statements and don't represent the opinions
of anyone else!
     Michael P. Grissom
     Asst to the Dir (ESH) for Env/RadProt/WasteMan
     Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
     MS-84
     2575 Sand Hill Road
     Menlo Park, CA 94025