Re: survey meter recommendation

         John Nicholson,
         Our experience with Bicron Micro-rem instruments is good and the
         energy response of the plastic detector is about tissue equivalent.
         We retired our NaI based micro-R instruments.
         Dick Warnock
         San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station

I am looking for a recommendation for a rugged, hand held survey meter
to be used to check scrap metal parts for NORM contamination. I would
prefer a micro R readout but it is not essential. I am considering some
Ludlem (models 9, 17, and 19) and Victoreen (models 450, 450B and 450P)
meters. I would appreciate any recommendations on these or other similar
meters. Your comments are appreciated, please contact me directly.

Thank you.

John Nicholson
DuPont Merck Pharmaceutical Co.
phone: 302 695-7211
e-mail: nicholjj@lldmpc.dnet.dupont

No sales representatives please, I would like to hear only from users.