Re: Data Validation

I think you're out of luck with respect to EPA procedures that can be considered
equivalent to the CLP.  However, EPA's "Guidance for Data Useability in Risk
Assessment (Part B)" (OSWER Directive 9285.7-09B, 1992) may be of some use.
Part B provides supplemental information (to Part A) regarding the useability of
analytical data for performing a baseline risk assessment at sites with
radioactivity.  Part A focuses primarily on chemical contamination, although
much of the info is relevant to rad. contaminated sites.

Section 3.2.2 states: "Because radionuclides are not included on the Target
Compound List (TCL), they may be classified as tentatively identified compounds
(TICs) under CLP protocols.  In reality, however, radioanalytical techniques are
sufficiently sensitive that the identity and quantity of radionuclides of
potential concern at a site can be determined with a high degree of confidence.

With respect to data validation, Part B provides only a few pages of guidance
(Chapter 5).

I am not as familiar with DOE validation procedures, but I know one DOE
contractor (Westinghouse Hanford Co.) has developed its own protocol for
radionuclide data validation.  E-mail me directly if you are interested in this.

                Erik
                estill@golder.com
This message has not been reviewed or approved by my employer, and is disclaimed
in its entirely (how's that for a CYA?)