Re: cell phones

This is one of those incredibly vague responses, I'm afraid. There was an
interview with a researcher (name not noted, he was I think from the Indian
subcontinent) who was the Professor of Engineering from, I think MIT (is
that very close to the John Hopkins Medical Centre?). He had not done any
research into health effects related to use of cellular phones, but had done
extensive measurement of the doses delivered to the area of the head
adjacent to the phone. A reasonable average of this dose was 60% of the
power of the device. He was advocating a redesign of cellular phones so that
the aerial was away from the head.
I'll e-mail the program presenter at the ABC for a bit more detail, and
email it if you are interested.
Jill Wright