Re: Chernobyl Death Toll?

Hi All,

Peterson, DOE, formerly NRC, ect. He was talking about the Chernobyl
plants.  He said that the EXPECTED mortality was 8600 over thier life
time of all of Europe, based on risk factor of 4e-4, and including doses
down as low as 10 mrem. He also said that the Ukrane is talking about
shutting down the rest of its Nuclear Power plants, which he seemed to
think out side of the Chernobyl plants was a few (2) more. They are also
looking at repairing the concrete sarrcophogus, which is breaking down.

What, the media wrong?.... Naaaaaaaa

To date the life lost from Cherynobyl is set at 32 (or so), 29
firefighters, three operators.

This is what I remembered from the lecture today, and might be a little
off on the numbers, and should be checked before you quote them off to
anyone...