DOT Regulations

I have a query for all of you on Radsafe:

We might need to ship several 1 liter poly bottles of water sampled
from a contaminated site.  Most isotopes are far below concern,
however, Sr-90 might be as high as 0.5 uCi/L.

It seems to me that 49CFR173.403(y) applies here, which defines
radioactive material as "any material having a specific activity
greater than 0.002 mCi per gram."  and further defines specific
activity one way as: "a material in which the radionuclide is
essentially uniformly distrubuted is the activity per unit mass of
the material."

Since the samples are from a well and the radioisotopes are
uniformly distributed, then I would assume this
infers that anything lower than 2 uCi/g or ml of water would be below
regulatory concern.   Right? [grin]

Besides the precautions for shipping a liquid would the above
assumption cover this situation?

Thanks for your time,

Troy D. Taylor
Health Physicist