Re: DOT Regulations

> >It seems to me that 49CFR173.403(y) applies here, which defines
> >radioactive material as "any material having a specific activity
> >greater than 0.002 mCi per gram."  and further defines specific
> >activity one way as: "a material in which the radionuclide is
> >essentially uniformly distrubuted is the activity per unit mass of
> >the material."

My mistake, I typoed! the above should read 0.002 uCi per gram....
and I even reread the message 3 times before I posted it! geeez.

Anyway, that still gives 2 uci/L of water for uniformly distributed
isotope.

Thanks for all the responses, and one responder pointed out that by
NRC regs, only those approved to distribute EXEMPT
quantities can ship in this manner.  This true?

Once again, thanks for your time.

Troy D. Taylor
Health Physicist
ISU, Technical Safety Office

Troy D. Taylor                    Idaho State University
Health Physicist                  Technical Safety Office

Advice is worth what you pay for it, and is disclaimed
in its entirety.