Hormesis or what?

Dear Radsafers,

Kinda quiet on the board and since I am neither a university-type nor a
government-type (8-> , I thought I'd poll the crowd by asking a question my
students have been asking me:

Do you believe in "radiation hormesis?" What evidence convinced you either
way?

Thanks, in advance for your answers.

Thomas D. Luckey has a book on the subject of "Hormesis With Ionzing Radiation"
ISBM 0-8493-5841-8
CRC Press
Boca Raton, FL 33431

my copy is dated 1980, but I believe that there is a later edition.   Dr.
Luckey makes some pretty convincing arguments for Radiation Hormesis among
plants and mice, but applying it to humans??? well, I'll leave it to the
experts.

DEFINITION OF EXPERT:

X:  is the symbol for the unknown
SPURT:  a drip under pressure

EXPERT = an unknown drip under pressure

(and I should know)
kayrs@peak.org
Richard Kay, MSc, RT(R)

KNOWLEDGE IS THE FIRST PREREQUISITE IN RADIATION SAFETY