re: urine bioassays

>>We recently performed a urine bioassay screen for an individual who
had used S-35.  The initial results indicated some activity in urine.
Subsequent urine samples from the same individual were negative, thus we
suspected chemoluminescence.  The usual methods to eliminate
chemoluminescence (e.g. store sample in dark, refrigerate, etc.) failed
to eliminate problem.  The sample in question was

We have noticed chemiluminescence 7-10 days before and after a woman's
menses (and during).  Unfortunately, we have not found a way to get rid
of it.  We just sample again later.

Susan R. Richards
University of Alabama at Birmingham
933 South 19th Street, Suite 445