re: Hormesis or what?

     In the July 1994 BELLE Newsletter indicates that other groups of
researchers have independently confirmed Dr. Luckey's theory of Hormesis. See
the articles entitled "State of Research and Perspective on Radiation
Hormesis in Japan" and "Spontaneous DNA Damage and Its Significance for the
"Negligible Dose" Controversy in Radiation Protection."
     The linear-no threshold model was based on conservatism, not on any
scientific facts.  Hopefully, with studies like Bernard Cohen on the effect
of Radon in homes, hormesis will finally put to rest the linear-no threshold
model. The problem looming is that to replace that outdated model with
something based on science vice being "politically correct". Having observed
the government industries I realize the likelihood of a "threshold" being
accepted will put too many lobbyists and lawyers out of work.
     It is rare to find scientists to go out on a limb for the truth when it
is contrary to whoever is funding them. I have been following Dr. Luckey's
research for a decade. I will go out on a limb and agree with his basic
theory as a scientist. I would like to see "evidence" that hormesis is in
err, but I haven't seen much more than rhetoric or fancy statistical
manipulations in the last decade in response.
                                   Respectfully,
					Michael D. Bilicska