Re: tritium x-rays

Les --

In my earlier years I made some measuremnts of x-ray emission from
tritium sources; there is, as I recall, considerable bremsstrahlung with
an average energy of somewhere around 4 keV.  The average will in part be
determined by many factors, including selfattenuation in the source.  But
the point you make is valid -- the energy is low, and the dose to the
skin can be quite high depending, of course, on source strength.

Looking forward to seeing you in Boston,

Ron