Re: files available (arggg!)

> I'll second the vacation time idea... for me. *<:)

<snort>

> Did you ever decide on those proportional counters?

Not yet.  We've got a road trip planned to look at an Oxford/Tennelec 5100,
but the chances that we'll be able to justify that kind of expenditure are
pretty slim.  Besides, it's now been one month plus one day since I
submitted a request for 2 new GMs and I've not heard a peep about the
outcome.  It'd be frightening to think about how long it would take to
hear back about a big ticket item like a proportional counter. :-(

To make this message of more general interest, does everyone else run into
problems with getting money for equipment?  I assume we're not the only
health physics office at a public university with this problem.  The
administration must really hate keeping us around -- we're not wanted, yet
our presence is required by regulations.  Sigh.

--
Melissa Woo                       | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Health Physicist                  | Environmental Health & Safety Bldg., MC225