Re: FOR CAREER WOMEN WITH CHILDREN

You wrote:

>Could someone offer a way of explaining the options to her. I dont know
what
>they are. And maybe a testimonial that is a big issue or not a big
issue. I
>dont know Im fishing. Any reasonable idea accepted.
>
>A Frustrated Parent

Hi,

	This may be really corny, but there was a board game that I
played when I was a kid (I think it was called "Careers").  Anyway, the
idea was that you predicted what it would take to make you happy in
life.  You then wrote down how many "hearts" (happiness) you wanted to
get, how much $ (money), and how many "*" (fame/power).  You then went
around the board doing the game.  As you played, you made decisions to
get your hearts, bucks, and stars.  The person who first got his or her
goals won.

	Sounds to me like a couple of rounds of careers may spark the
conversation you'd like to have with your daughter.

Jim Barnes
Rockwell