restricted area

One last observation:
If training is required for some group of workers or related people because
of the presence of RAM, doesn't that make the areas occupied by those persons
a restricted area?  The training requirement becomes an access restriction
criteria.  This is what makes my argument self fulfilling, i.e., thatthe
restricted area definition precisely describes the zone of coverage of the
radiation protection program relating to control of occupational exposure.

And one added response:
The definition of occupational dose in 10CFR20 is not limited to dose
received in restricted areas (as written).  Any dose involving a work
assignment (in its widest interpretation) related to licensed material
qualifies.  Admittedly,  NRC interprets this very restrictively, e.g.,
almost to the extent that if it occurs outside of the direct licensee controls
it is not occupational dose, but public dose.  But that is not what the
words say. [Which is my cross to bear I guess. I cannot stand rules that read
one way in common english but are interpreted in some restricted way - for the
moment - to meet practical contraints.]

Done.  All further messages on this will be 'private'.

SLABACK@MICF.NIST.GOV
   ...a little risk, like a bit of spice, adds flavor to life