occupational doses and restricted areas

I have been following the discussion of occupational exposures and
restricted areas with wome interest. We have had a couple of related
questions here:

1) A radiologist was telling nurses that if they held patients
during xrays, they were subject to the dose limits for general
public since they are not "radiation workers". I reread the state
regs and concluded that this is clearly an "occupational exposure".
Do you agree?

2) A more serious question has to do with the stress lab in Cardiology
where injections of Tc-99m Cardiolite are performed. Should observers
be allowed in hte room and should they be badged or 'trained' in
some  way? What dose limits apply?