RE: HPS HomePage

On Mon, 15 May 1995, Kleck, Jeff wrote:

> importance of the internet, that, in fact, it recently grew by 1/3 in the
> course of a single month. That the needed public awareness and direct public
> communication our profession has touted for so many years is right here, and
> right now. Get with it!
>  ----------

I will echo Jeff's comments on the importance of the internet, and the
WWW. The easy with which people can access information is amazing, and
realize that the internet is less than 10 years old. In ten more years,
it will be the standard way people do book searches, look up articles,
magizines, mail, research, conference, .....

If the HPS really wants to go to the  forefront of the net, they should
consider putting the membership directory, listing of all HPS journal
articles, position statements, information databases, and probably a
job/career section, with job posting and resume search engines.

In the future, I would suggest they consider putting all the old HPS
journal articles on the web, along with selected reference books, and
standards.

-Bruce Busby
 http://www.umich.edu/~bbusby/
 Radation and Health Physics WWW site