Re: screen clutter

Please trim as much as possible of the message to which you are
responding from your response: headers, footers, etc.  Leave just enough
to allow others to recognize the sender.  Better yet, quote the passages
to which you are responding in the body of your note, and delete the
appended duplicate.

I realize that many e-mail packages either append or begin with the old
message automatically, but it is rather self-defeating to make others
wade through repetition after repetition before they get to your new
words.  I page by the duplicates quickly, and may miss things thereby,
but I refuse to waste time with repeats.  I get the digest, so the
situation is very apparent.

Jay Benesch
benesch@cebaf.gov