RE: More Funky Stuff From Landauer in March

Now that there is talk of moving from TLDs to electronic dosimeters (with
TLD backup), maybe a better choice would be film as the backup device.

>Call me a dinosaur, but the chance for strange readins on a
>dosimeter is what has stopped us from going over to TLDs.
>You can always have someone look at a strip of film to
>see if it appears that something is funky.  One gets
>less info about directionality and/or contamination
>from TLDs,  and you lose the sharp absorber pattern
>indicating a one shot exposure in a fixed geometry
>that would show that either the person got it from an
>xray or that they were not wearing it when it was exposed.
>
>Dale Boyce
>dale@radpro.uchicago.edu

William R. Webber, Health Physicist ( Warp Factor OS/2)
The opions expressed above are those of the author alone and do not
represent those of the National Institute of Standards and Technology nor
the US Department of Commerce.
CAUTION SNOW ANGEL AREA - play MSTy for me.