Exit Eye Exams for Laser Operators

Our radiation safety committee recently recommended that laser operators be
given eye exams at the beginning of their employment and at the time of
employment termination.  We seem to be having a problem in developing an
effective method for ensuring that our employees receive the final eye exam
before they run out the door.  Our personnel director indicated a
willingness to work with us in developing a system to ensure that this
eye exam requirement is satisfied.  We are also hoping that the same system
could be used for ensuring that additional monitoring requirements and
other "loose ends" are completed before the employee leaves the university.
I was asked by our personnel director to contact other institutions to see
how this problem is handled. I would appreciate any thoughts radsafers may
have concerning this matter.