Subject: Another amazing product!
Author:  ad198@yfn.ysu.edu at @UCSD
Date:    5/25/95 8:37 AM

Since we recently had a lively discussion about an _amazing_
consumer product that protects us against some sort of EM
radiation, I thought I would pass along another one.  I just got
my newest edition of the "Lifestyle Fascination" catalogue (I
don't know how I get on these mailing lists) and in it is the
"Earth Energy Pendant" ($99.95).  It is "Designed to protect you
from EMF radiation, it is said that this remarkable pendant
also "tunes" you to Earth's magnetic forces!"!!!  There is a quote
from a Dr. Scott Morgan, O.M.D. about an increase in "energetic
vitality".  _And_ it was developed by a physicist!  It is a "tiny
energy rod made from magnetic alloys".  It contains a "rare
Takionic Energy Bead", which, the ad claims, was developed by Japanese
scientists.  The bead is tuned to the "Schumann Resonance (7.83
cycles/second)".  There is a drawing of a human figure with all
kinds of swirling lines around him and the words "Tachyon energy",
"Earth energy rising", and "Incoherent energy channeled to earth".

I guess I have to look at my "Physics Today" magazines more closely
when they come 'cause I missed out on all these concepts.

Hey, I didn't really take this seriously.  But I did read it just
for the heck of it.  Besides, I was more interested in that lip
exerciser!

Best regards!

Carl Landis
ad198@yfn.ysu.edu