--------------------------------------
Date: 5/25/95 9:20 AM
To: GARY MANSFIELD
From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
     Radsafenetters, I am not a HP although I subscribe to this
     list.  Many years ago I have studied Radiochemistry,
     attended radiation safety courses and used radioisotopes
     (low levels) in my research activities, but I do not recall
     to have ever known the existance of tables reporting
     Specific Dose Constants for beta emitters.  There are
     tables for Specific Gamma Ray Dose Constants in units of
     (mSv/h)MBq at 1 meter from a point source, but I have not
     found similar tables for beta emitters, not even for hard
     beta radiation.  Could any radsafenetter out there help me
     to estimate the external dose-equivalent rate from an
     unshielded point sources at a distance of 1 meter or 1 foot
     (or whatever unit) for the following nuclides:  H-3, C-14,
     P-32, P-33, S-35?  Thanks for your help.
     P.S. Someone told me that the dose-equivalent rate for H-3
     at 1 foot from the point source is 1 (mrem/h)mCi.  Is this
     an acceptable value?
     Vincent N. Finelli, Dir.
     Environmental Heath & Safety
     Florida Atlantic University