Re: External Dose Constants for Beta Emitters

>     Hows this for a possible (and easy) solution: To get ballpark estimate
>     of hazard (I assume this is all you want) use the Federal Guidance
>     Report-12 (FGC) dose coefficients for exposure to contaminated ground
>     surface (Table III.3) to estimate the dose rate to a human phantom
>     the dose equivalent rate (in mrem/hr) for a 1 cm2, 1uCi source would
>     be:
>     Any opinions on this solution???

IMHO, it's not applicable.  Those dose coefficients assume someone standing
in the midst of a large contaminated area.  Taking it as a model of a 1 cm2
source renders false the geometrical assumptions buried in those numbers.
Albert Lee Vest          The Ohio State University
Health Physicist                 B-042 Graves Hall
(614)292-0122                 333 West 10th Avenue
"Action brings good fortune" - Syd Barrett
"Rock n roll" - John Goodman     Columbus OH 43210
My employer did not review or approve this message.