Re: New NRC people

I don't think anyone questioned the credentials, but rather (at least in
my case) wanted to know what the credentials are of a health physics
colleague who I do not know who has been indicated as a possible nominee
to the NRC.  I would have raised the same questions had the prospective
nominee been a man.  And, I am rather insulted by the apparent implication
in the message from my Canadian colleague with respect to what is clearly
an effort to simply find out the professional qualifications of an
American colleague (who incidentally happens to be a woman) who may well
be nominated for an important position within my country.  I do not
believe that gender is or should be a qualification for appointment to
the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

Ron Kathren