Re: New NRC people

Dear Emelie:

My personal and professional concern is the qualifications of the
person.  We have had some noted (male and female) persons serve with
distinction on the NRC and on the staff of the AEC and NRC.

There is not a lot of information about this
person from Arkansas.  She may be very well qualified or she
may not be as qualified as others.  I can name probably 5 or so past
Presidents of the HPS ( and many other well known and respected
scientists, males and females) who would do a super job serving as a member of
the NRC.

My, my, this item has raised some hackles.  I wonder why????

George Anastas

(been involved with the AEC, NRC, etc. since 1967, and also have
three daughters)

> Date:          Fri, 26 May 95 15:19:17 -0500
> From:          "Lamothe, Emelie" <lamothee@crl5.crl.aecl.ca>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:       New NRC people

> I find it "ironic" that people are questionning the credentials of only one
> of the candidates, who just happens to be a woman.
>
> Makes me wonder what the REAL concern is.
>
> Emelie Lamothe

George Anastas, M.P.H., P.E., C.H.P., Director
Environmental Health and Safety and
University Radiation Safety Officer
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA  95819-6002
Telephone 916/278-6456
FAX 916/278-5960

"The views expressed herein are those of the
author and do not necessarily reflect the views
of California State University, Sacramento,
California State University, the State of
California or any of its political subdivisions.
This posting is disclaimed."