NRC selection

My apologies about my previous "ironic"  - short fuse and severe lack of
sleep/jetlag pressed the send button.  Perhaps someone could explain to me
how the NRC works, how commissioners are chosen and what their role is.

As most of radsafer, I believe that it is important to have credible and
knowlegeable people setting policy.  I also believe that we need to ensure
that knowlegeable people are presented to the selection panel, supported
during the selection process and during their subsequent office.

The question then becomes "How can the HPS directly influence the candidate
identification and selection process".  Perhaps the optimum approach is one
of collective and individual lobbying.  HPS is probably in a good position
for direct participation in the indentification process - if it can get
there.

Emelie Lamothe