training

For the 1996 Canadian Radiation Protection Association (CRPA) Annual
conference, to be held in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, we plan to have a
pre-meeting session for various primary and high school teachers from the
area.

We want to cover basics such as what is radiation and a half-life, a bit
about dosimetry and environmental monitoring, possibly something on health
effects, and because of the nearby nuclear generating station, emergency
preparedness.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I vaguely remember a posting (about 1.5 years ago) where someone used
popcorn for teaching the concept of decay.  Does anyone still have this
information?

In advance, many thanks.

Emelie Lamothe