Re: training

Emilie --

The North carolina Chapter of the HPS has spearheaded such training for
teachers for several years.  The sparkplug has been Ellie Katsikis, who I
suggest you contact.  To demonstrate radioactive decay and half-life, each
participant is given a coin (a nckel these days -- shows you what
inflation can do) and subsquently the whole class stands and flips the
coins.  Those with heads sit down, and process is repeated by those still
standing.  Works very well with a class of 50 or more.  Please call Ellie
or the HPS office -- I believe there may be handout materials available
to you.

Ron