Re: training

Dear Emelie:

Health Physics Society, along with North Carolina Chapter, has put
together a GREAT program for Science Teachers, "Understanding
Radiation".   Suggest you contact
HPS in McLean, VA.  They may be able to send you some info.

Address is 1313 Dolly Madison Blvd, Suite 402, McLean, VA  22101.  I
think the phone number is  703/790-1745

Good luck!

George Anastas
> Date:          Tue, 30 May 95 08:22:22 -0500
> From:          "Lamothe, Emelie" <lamothee@crl5.crl.aecl.ca>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:       training

> For the 1996 Canadian Radiation Protection Association (CRPA) Annual
> conference, to be held in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, we plan to have a
> pre-meeting session for various primary and high school teachers from the
> area.
>
> We want to cover basics such as what is radiation and a half-life, a bit
> about dosimetry and environmental monitoring, possibly something on health
> effects, and because of the nearby nuclear generating station, emergency
> preparedness.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Also, I vaguely remember a posting (about 1.5 years ago) where someone used
> popcorn for teaching the concept of decay.  Does anyone still have this
> information?
>
> In advance, many thanks.
>
> Emelie Lamothe

George Anastas, M.P.H., P.E., C.H.P., Director
Environmental Health and Safety and
University Radiation Safety Officer
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA  95819-6002
Telephone 916/278-6456
FAX 916/278-5960

"The views expressed herein are those of the
author and do not necessarily reflect the views
of California State University, Sacramento,
California State University, the State of
California or any of its political subdivisions.
This posting is disclaimed."