Re: Thyroid Shields

Hi Peter  Vernig

I suppose that when your  Radiology or other departments are buying
leaded aprons,  the aprons should also include the thyroid shield
already attached.   The argument about payment for these shields
would then be a mute point.

Radiology at Norris Cancer Hospital  here in L.A. , has bought the
"extra" shielding for it's employees.   I have not heard of any
arguments over the payment.

The Regulations in California state that protective aprons shall be
worn by each person (except the patient) in the fluoroscopy room,
whose body is likely to be exposed to  5 mR/hr or more.

The size  of the apron may also be argued.

HANS  RICHTER

<radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>

vernig.peter@forum.va.gov