Cornflake issue

Hey Gary, obviously in these days of mega-deficiets,( which our children and/or
grand children will be paying for), there is reluctance to "pay the bucks", cost
implications go beyond power plants, hospitals etc here.. incresed costs
experienced by medical product companies, researchers etc. all funnel down to
the consumer/taxpayer...

Having worked with, for and around PHD researchers,MD's, DVM's, and of course,
degreed HP's, for the last 22 years, I  find degrees - competency. A far better
corelation to competency is the ability to accept responsibility for ones own
actions, and to do that one must be aware of one's own actions.  Individuals
with supremist or elitist, or carry "I am powerful plus devine" , attitudes,
sorry to say, are the boo boo repeat ofenders. Again, this "I am infalible"
syndrome is not limited to degreed people..
I like to think of it as trees that don't always yield the fruit we
want..degrees; competencey, or religion; ethics, or
public school; education, good salary; job well done,etc...etc..

Cathy Knox
Health Science Auditor
Radiation Protection
University of Minnesota