Re: Associate Membership in AAHP was Re: Certification

        here's my two cents ...

        I disagree with the statement that something is needed "between" the
        RRPT and CHP.  I see the two certifications as distinct "endpoints" to
        two different career paths.  While it is true that a person who has: 1)
        worked as a technician, 2) achieved certification by the NRRPT 3) taken
        adequate college coursework, and 4) demonstrated the required
        professional level work experience can become a certified health
        physicist.  (I should know since I am certified by the NRRPT, have a
        masters degree in health physics, have passed part I of the ABHP, and
        will eventually seek full certification).  I do not think that one
        predisposes a person to be the other.  More importantly, being a
        certified health physicist (or on the track to becoming one) does not
        necessarily qualify one as a health physics technician (as the described
        lineage suggests)

          |~~~~~\  /~~\  |~~~~~\ |~|  /~~\  |~\_|~| | Joseph Guido
          |  ~  / / /\ \ | [<>] || | / /\ \ | \ \ | | Joseph_Guido@radian.com
          |_|~|_\/_|~~|_\|_____/ |_|/_|~~|_\|_|\__| | 155 Corporate Woods
          C   O   R   P   O   R   A   T   I   O   N | Suite 100
                                                    | Rochester, NY 87544
                                                    | 716-292-1870
                                                    | 716-292-1878 (FAX)

          "The bomb will not start a chain reaction in the water, converting it
          all to gas,  and letting all the ships on all the oceans drop down to
          the bottom.  It will not blow out the bottom of the sea and let all
          the water run down the hole.  It will not destroy gravity.  I am not
          an atomic playboy."

          --Vice Admiral Blandy,
          Crossroads Commander