Re: Associate Membership in AAHP was Re: Certification

There isn't a need for any additional certifications. When a large number of
specialty certifications exist, it only confuses the populace as to what the
individual can and can not do, or to be more precise, just how knowledgeable
is the individual and in what areas. Leave the system alone.

The real point I think that many lose sight of is that there are a lot of
highly qualified individuals working amongst us who do not have a
certification. The reasons are varied. In some cases they are even more
knowlegeable than those who DO have a certification of some sort. I try not
to place to much "admiration" on the certificate on the wall, instead
looking at the results they produce and the impact they make on the profession.