SI units

     All,

     While  searching  for an article in the Newsletter (I  later
found  it in the Journal), I came across a well written letter to
the  editor  I had highlighted in the August 1994  edition.   The
title  was  "Scientific Reasons for Rejecting SI Units" by  Allen
Brodsky.

     If  you  too  are pack-rats and have saved  this  newsletter
please  take the time to (re)read this excellent letter.  I agree
with  it whole-hardily.  What a pain (and waste of time) it is to
convert  into and out of and/or work in SI units.  Why are we (as
a group) doing this to our selves?  Even HPs I know in Canada and
"Down under" hate these units.

     IMHO, once again Europe (read that France) has put it to the
U.S. and once again the rest of the world has followed suit.

     OK, I'm going to duck under my desk now, but please, do read
the article as it makes A LOT of SENSE.

Joel Baumbaugh
NRaD
The left coast.

STD  DISCLAIMER  -  MY EMPLOYER DOES NOT IN ANY  WAY  ENDORSE  MY
RAVINGS!