CHP "discussion"

I'm really getting an odd sensation from having to moderate a group of
professionals, but...

Considering the number of messages and outpouring of emotion I see on the
topic, it is extremely obvious that certification is a VERY touchy issue in
the health physics community.  As it appears to be an issue of such
importance, it is of topicality here.  However, the discussion has recently
degenerated to the level of personal attacks and name-calling; this can hardly
be called professional behavior, folks.

Personal attacks should go straight into the bit bucket or should be sent
via personal e-mail, just as any message that would not be of interest
to the approximately 750 subscribers of RADSAFE.

Speaking for myself (i.e., not in any moderatorial [is that a word?]
fashion), I think this subject has been beaten to death and I'd like to
see some interesting technical discussions continue.

Just for starters, I'm going to be looking at scatter levels around a
C-arm fluoroscope today (it is primarily used for cardiac cath.).  I have
a paper from a 1987 midyear topical symposium of HPS in which such a
procedure is described, but I'm open to any caveats that you folks have
for me.

Thanks!

--
Melissa Woo                       | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Health Physicist                  | Environmental Health & Safety Bldg., MC225